Friday, July 25, 2008

Finally Back... with a new lens!

After a longer than expected time away I am finally back! During my trip down to Vancouver and Washington in April I found out I am pregnant!!! Almost immediately after I returned home I was hit with the good ol' morning sickness... except mine last all day! Now, 5 months pregnant I am still sick... but I do feel a little better at times so I decided it's time to get out and take some pictures again. I bought a new Tamaron 17-5omm 2.8 lens. Here are the first images taken with it:























1 comment:

artquest1 said...

Hey.
You do some very nice work and your new lens will certainly allow you to do a great deal more. Obviously the wide angle aspect of it allows really good use of depth of field, and at the risk of insulting you, are you aware that you can do much more?
Using it at 17mm for both landscape as well as portraiture can contribute a great deal in framing and composition your image, as it allows you to have recognizable, clear and sharp foreground features to balance both middle ground (as in your figure work) and more distance structures in deep background.  Adds a great dimensional quality to the image. Scenic pictures can often look quite "flat" and non-dimensional with a "normal 35 to 50 mm.
As you are no doubt aware, closing down your aperture (using a manual mode or program) can also dramatically increase depth of field.
You have a very good eye, and I hope your new lens gives you some exciting technical control.
Good luck, Bob